Each state legislates the activities licensees are authorized to perform, and each state has different variations of these activities.

Common license types across many states:

Cultivator: License for growing hemp.
Processor: License to handle and/or manufacture products from hemp.
Hemp Seed: License to grow and/or handle agricultural hemp seed.
Testing: License to test hemp products for chemical content.

License activities that are more specific to unique states:

Retailer: License to sell hemp products to consumers, used primarily in Louisiana.
Distributor: License to wholesale hemp products to retailers; primarily associated with
Arizona and Louisiana.
Marketer: License to market hemp products; used primarily in Washington State.
Research: License authorizes universities and other private firms/farmers to grow hemp for scientific research, but not for resale.

Still need help? Reach out to us via the in-app help icon or by emailing us at support@cannabiz.media.

Did this answer your question?