The Custom HTML content block allows you to easily add your own HTML code to an email message designed in our Template Builder. It’s as simple to use as a text block.
There are many scenarios where you might find it beneficial to use custom HTML such as:
- Adding more customized content - You are not limited by a set of predefined parameters and can therefore have more granular control of the styles applied.
- Adding HTML 5 video, anchor links, etc. - You can add content that is not available as a standard content element in the editor (HTML 5 video, anchor links, etc.).
- Adding advanced effects with CSS - Animation effects are not widely supported by the email clients, but managed correctly they can help your message get viral.
- Adding live content from external providers - Advanced content such as product recommendations, dynamic ads, personalized maps, countdowns can be easily included in a message. Just copy and paste the code provided to you by the vendor that you are working with.
Adding HTML code to your email can be completed by following these steps:
- Drag an HTML content element into your message.
2. The newly inserted content block will show some default placeholder text. Clicking on it activates the HTML code editing pane on the right-side panel. You will find some placeholder code inside the editing area.
3. Paste your own HTML code or write it directly in the editing area. The system will highlight your syntax and indent your code to make it more readable.
The HTML content will automatically correct some issues like HTML tags that are left open, and strip out code that cannot be used, such as script tags or iframe tags (this code tags are not allowed by the major part of email clients, can cause deliverability problems or security risks for the editor an the applications that runs it).
Allowed tags list:
a, abbr, acronym, address, area, b, bdo, big, blockquote, button, caption, center, cite, code, colgroup, dd, del, dfn, dir, div, dl, dt, em, fieldset, font, form, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, i, ins, kbd, label, legend, li, map, menu, ol, optgroup, option, p, pre, q, s, samp, select, small, span, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, textarea, tfoot, th, thead, u, tr, tt, u, ul, var
Allowed attributes list:
general attributes: style, id, class, data-*, titlea: href, name, targetimg: align, alt, border height, hspace, src, vspace, width, usemaptable: align, bgcolor, border, cellpadding, cellspacing, widthtbody: align, valigntd: align, bgcolor, colspan, height, rowspan, valign, widthtr: align, bgcolor, valigntfoot: align, valignth: align, bicolor, colspan, height, rowspan, valign, widththead: align, valignli: typemap: namearea: alt, coords, href, shape, target
Still need help? Reach out to us via the on-screen help icon or by emailing us at email@example.com.